Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Evite


Obviously, I love invitations and stationery (or I wouldn't own a store).  I love to feel the texture of the paper, see the details of a font and take in fun color combinations.  Plus, real invitations are so much fun to receive in your mail box.  In the age of technology I think that real invitations and hand written thank you notes make even more of an impact.  I also understand the convenience of an evite in this day and age - we're busy people.  However, you can only image how much I had to laugh when a friend of mine sent me this link http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evite with the definition of evite:

e·vite

[ih-vahyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), e·vit·ed, e·vit·ing. Archaic .
to avoid; shun.

Origin:
1495–1505; < Latin ēvītāre,  equivalent to ē- e- + vītāre  to avoid
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment