Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bachelorette Invitation Options



Tomorrow I am driving to Houston for my best friend's bridal shower and bachelorette party.  I get to just be a guest at the bridal shower.  But, a couple of girl friends and I have been doing the planning for the bachelorette party.  I did the invitations for the bachelorette party (obviously) - which was a lot of fun.  It isn't often that I get to do whatever I want.  You may be wondering how the owner of a stationery store actually selected the perfect invitation for one of her dearest friends.  A lot of pressure - right?  I could have done this great Snow & Graham "Bachelorette" invitation. 

 Or something a little more modern, like this Prentiss Douthit "Party" invitation. 


Or something pretty, vivid and fun like this Anna Griffin invition.  But - I love invitations that are really personal and fitting for the honoree.  So I didn't actually select anything that was in the store.  I created the "perfect" invitation (in my mind's eye) for my best friend and the occasion. 

This was the cover of her bachelorette invitation.  I must first give a disclaimer:
1.  Yes - these are her Glamour Shots
(They are really of her and they are really Glamour Shots)
2.  No - she was not serious when she took them
(We laughed and laughed looking at them)
3.  They were for her senior art show in high school
(She took them with 2 other girls from school)

So, back to my project - I used a white folded card stock and then scanned the photos to make a collage on the cover.  The inside of the folded card had all the party specifics.  Then I printed an envelope liner that had her name all over it.  So no - I didn't select some cute invitation or some fabulous modern letterpressed invitation (I wonder if she's wishing I would have selected one of these others).   But, I think that my selection/creation set the tone for the party and will be memorable.  Isn't that really what we all want out of invitations? 

I have a few other surprised for her up my sleeve - but I'll show pictures of those after this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment