Friday, January 15, 2010

New Things from Atlanta

I had no intention of taking such a hiatus from blogging (sporadic as it is). The store was closed the week between Christmas and New Years. I know that sounds like a nice break, however, I was still here doing inventory. Luckily, I was able to convince my mother to help me. She was a work horse and we got a lot accomplished. Then the days after New Years I was able to convince Dr. Mark (the husband) to help me finish inventory. He was very good too! Last weekend I went to Atlanta to the Gift & Home market. I think I was pretty successful thanks to the assistance of my neighbor, Annie.

Although we currently carry Seda France (an Austin based company) we did not carry the diffeusers. Now we do! Deciding what new scents to get in the candles and diffeusers was much like selecting nail polish colors for me. It is really hard to decide whether to get the ones that have pretty boxes or smell good. Luckily, Seda France really doesn't have any scents I dislike. Because Seda France is in Austin, I got my order yesterday. So we now have a pretty (and colorful) display of new Seda France Candles and Diffeusers.


I also was able to order some more party tubs and party bins from Bungalow. They don't actually make the party tubs and bins anymore - which is a shame, because they are wonderful. The fact that you can fold these up and easily store them in a closet makes them the smartest party tubs. However, I was able to order some of their last ones.



Additionally, I ordered lap top cases & "Trash Cache" from Bungalow - which are in great new colors and patterns. I thought the laptop cases would be great graduation gifts. The "Trash Cache" is just a fun and practical gift. 'Ol Dr. Mark is going to get a "Trash Cache" to replace the laundry basket that he has had since we met (in 2001). Needless to say, after 9+ years his laundry basket isn't looking too good. But in the laundry basket's defense it works hard (as it is Never empty) - Dr. Mark does his own laundry (he does he laundry about as frequently as I blog).
Hope you all are settling into 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment